Theme Park in Orlando, FL
One of my favorite treats to myself while visiting Walt Disney World is the desserts. They are all so delicious and I can honestly say I have not had a bad Disney dessert. With such variety and flavors this Top 10 list has to be one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Not to mention being on a diet is not helping..
Just about every restaurant has their own signature dessert..sometime 2 or more! With all these options and a armed with a fork and a Disney Dining plan I will tackle this tough topic in the name of science and for the love of Disney!
9. Aloha Isle: Dole Whip/Dole Whip Float - Fresh Pineapple Soft Serve and fresh Pineapple Juice. This is a must on every Disney outing!
8. Le Cellier: Chocolate-on-Chocolate Whiskey Cake - Chocolate cake brushed with Canadian whiskey, layered with chocolate mousse, and finished with honey thyme anglaise. Very interesting flavor and very rich.
7. San Angel Inn: Flan de Vainilla - vanilla custard in syrup, topped with roasted almonds. Very light and refreshing.
6. Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau Show: Chocolate Mousse Volcano - chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce. A great dessert after a wonderful show and meal.
5. Wilderness Lodge Artist Point Berry Cobbler - Cobbler with Seasonal berries and house-made black raspberry ice cream. Yummy!
4. Beaches and Cream Soda Shop: The Kitchen Sink - Eight Scoops of Ice Cream served with all the Toppings in the house and a whole can of Whipped Cream. I bet even Man Vs Food couldn't eat this whole thing.
3. Ohana: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding - Bread pudding, served with vanilla ice cream and a Bananas Foster sauce..All I can say is WOW!
2. Liberty Tree Tavern: Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake -vanilla cake with a gooey toffee filling and caramel sauce. Doesn't that look delicious?
1. Cinderella's Chocolate Slipper - The most elegant dessert at Walt Disney World is hands-down, the Cinderella Chocolate Slipper dessert. The Chocolate Slipper can be found at Grand Floridian Restaurants - 1900 Park Fare, Citrico's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoossee's and Victoria & Albert's, and Cinderealla's Royal Table. This dessert is made by the Grand Floridian Bakery and it is not available on regular menus.
The chocolate slippers at Walt Disney World Grand Floridian are made of white chocolate, filled with cream and raspberries, with a solid dark chocolate cup filled with chocolate mousse and shaving of white chocolate, with a touch of raspberry coulis on the side. The Royal Chocolate Slipper dessert at Cinderella's Royal Table is a white chocolate slipper with chocolate mousse inside with fresh berries on the side with coulis.
Cinderella's Royal Chocolate Slipper dessert must be pre-ordered a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
Well what do you think? It is very tough trying to narrow it down to just 10 choices as all Disney Desserts are just plain AWESOME! I hope you enjoyed this article and it hasn't left you hungry..Ok well maybe just a little bit :)
Photos from flickr.com
What did you think of this review?
Theme Park in Orlando, FL
Iconic Landmark at Animal Kingdom Theme Park in Disney World
On-site lodging at the Walt Disney World Resort in Miami, Fl …