May 30, 2011
Way too many but, some of them off the top of my dome:
- In Usual Suspects, when we find out who Keyser Soze was
- pretty much every scene in The Godfather series
- Taxi Driver: Bob DeNiro and his Improv "You talking to me?" scene....all improv, amazing!
- Chinatown: When Jack Nicholson scales the fence, ends up in the channel, gets drenched and then the sheriff and a thug threaten him to stop snooping around...
- Saturday Night Fever: John Travolta's dance scene
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: When Indy trips the booby traps
- When Harry Met Sally: Fake orgasm scene
And there's much more, I'll probably add onto later or maybe I should make a list ;p
May 30, 2011
Just about every time Peter Sellers did something dumb in "The Pink Panther Strikes Again" - falling off the parallel bar and down the stairs sent me into hysterics, and trying to get into the castle when the drawbridge wouldn't cooperate was too comical!
May 30, 2011
too many to name....but off the top of my head; the ending of S7VEN, The Japanese cut of Kill Bill's battle in the House of Leaves, Samuel L. Jackson's delivery of his Biblical quote in Pulp Fiction...the battle between Ripley and the Alien queen....God, there is so many!!
June 03, 2011
My favorite movie moments are from some rather recent watches:
- Dance sequence from Top Hat when Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dance to the song "Cheek to Cheek."
- When Fred Astaire sings "They Can't Take that Away from Me" from Shall We Dance.
- When it's revealed who built the bridge for Daisy and the surprise ending to the film Daisy.
- I loved the entire movie of Windstruck. If I had to pick one scene from it, it would be either the falling scenes, or when they are traveling in the countryside and talking. I also like the scene in her room with the wind...I really cried hard...and the ending is beautiful! Too many to list just from this one film. :)
- From My Sassy Girl, I liked when they went out in their school uniforms. I also liked when Kyun-woo carries a drunk Ji-hyun Jun and gets arrested.
- When Kylie the opossum gives his dead eye stare to Mr. Fox in the film Mr. Fox.
- The dance between Belle and the Beast while Mrs. Potts sings "Beauty and the Beast."
I've reviewed most of these films too, so you might be able to see some of my favorite moments in some of the images. Just check them out if/when you have time. :)
June 16, 2011
The opening ten minutes of Full Metal Jacket
The first five minutes of Way of the Gun
The car chase in The Corrupter
(undeniably the most overlooked chase sequence of all time).
When Glen realizes he told the Pollack/light bulb joke incorrectly in Raisin Arizona
(I don't know how many times I've heard him say "Wait I told it wrong" and still laugh myself into cramps).
Madame de Merteiul is booed out of her box at the Opera after Valmont's letter outs her wretched behavior in Dangerous Liaisons
Bobby bursts into confused (and a bit confusing) tears after losing his virginity to Claire in A Home at the End of the World
Ennis stumbles off the road to puke against the corrugated wall of a closed store after Jack drives off after they've been effectively fired in Brokeback Mountain
. (I'm convinced that, despite happening roughly 20 minutes in, that moment is the movie's emotional climax).
The closeup of Cole panting and drooling between the sofa and wall after the ghost of the little girl invades his bedroom fort in The Sixth Sense
Paikea's climactic speech in Whale Rider
(it's the moment my best friend points to and says the movie needed to be renamed snot slinger for how much kleenex we went through).
The diner sequence in Blues Brothers