|
Movies Books Music Food Tv Shows Technology Politics Video Games Parenting Fashion Green Living more >

Lunch » Tags » Music » Reviews » Dig Out Your Soul

Dig Out Your Soul

1 rating: 5.0
Alternative Rock and Pop album by Oasis

Oasis, one of the most commercially successful rock bands in history, joins Warner Bros (for North America) for the iconic British band's seventh studio album (produced by Dave Sardy), Dig Out Your Soul. The group's first album since 2005's Don't Believe … see full wiki

Tags: Music
1 review about Dig Out Your Soul

They're B.A.C.K.!!!

  • Oct 7, 2008
Rating:
+5
O.k., I liked these guys from the start. Liked their music, their attitude, the covers, even the videos when I got to see them (usually don't care about those).
Does that make me a fan? Probably. Would I buy anything they spit out? NO!
This, however, I suggest you get. It's fantastic. Although other fans over here think it doesn't quite reach Definitely Maybe or (What's the story)Morning Glory? I don't agree.
The guys moved on - not in a revolutionary way, but still. I think it's wrong to compare anything to the early masterpieces. This is another time; the band has evolved and brought us this: A new Marvel of their art.

"Someone tell me I'm dreaming, the freaks are rising up through the floor" - the moment I heard that line in Bag It Up, the first song on the album, I was 70% convinced this was for me. The other 30% followed with the next few chords.
Rock at its best.
Of course the typical Oasis melody patterns are strewn all over the place, (as f.e. in The Shock of The Lightning or The Turning) which once again doesn't mean it is a copy of anything they did before. As I said, they evolved.

Noel (vocals, guitar, drums, keys and electronics) wrote six, Liam (vocals) three and Gem (guitar, bass, keys) and Andy Bell (bass, guitar, keys) each penned one song. Zak Starkey plays drums again.

My favorites are the ballad I'm Outta Time and the Mid-Tempo Falling Down, but I also like the stomping Get Off Your High Horse Lady or The Turning and Waiting For The Rapture.
Oh, and did I mention the booklet-art? Love it!

If you ever liked what they did, get this.
If you never bought any of their stuff because you believed others saying Oasis being too close to the Beatles but you liked the Beatles from the days when they made Revolver, get this, stop thinking and just listen (and tell those "others" they don't know what they're talking about - though it's clear the Gallaghers are fans: I'm Outta Time contains an excerpt from a BBC John Lennon interview.)
If ever you're still undecided, get this too. I swear you'll grow into it.

What did you think of this review?

Helpful
0
Thought-Provoking
0
Fun to Read
0
Well-Organized
0
Post a Comment
What's your opinion on Dig Out Your Soul?
rate
1 rating: +5.0
You have exceeded the maximum length.
Photos
Dig Out Your Soul
Details
Label: Reprise Records
Artist: Oasis
Release Date: October 7, 2008

Related Topics
(What's The Story) Morning Glory

Pop album by Oasis

En Vogue

An American female R&B group.

Classical

Era in European classical music spanning from 1750-1820.

An Album by Pink Floyd

First to Review
© 2014 Lunch.com, LLC All Rights Reserved
Lunch.com - Relevant reviews by real people.
()
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
Member since
reviews
comments
ratings
questions
compliments
lists