DEWALT DW703 Heavy Duty 10-Inch Compound Miter saw
Whether on the job site or your own workshop at home, you need a miter saw that's durable, portable, and, most importantly, provides clean, accurate cuts. The DeWalt DW703 delivers on every count. Powered by a 15 amp motor and featuring solid ball- and … see full wiki
I bought this saw last Summer and have used it nearly every week since. I have been using to cut coping, crowns, molding, door jams, wanscotting, PVC/CPVC piping... you name it.
Here the benefits:
- It has ALWAYS worked, and worked well.
- Original blade has stayed sharp for hundreds of cuts.
- Blade stops fairly quickly when trigger is released (yes, there are faster-stoppping blade mechanisms out there.)
- Fairly easy to carry one-handed, and can fit through interior doorways.
- Arm can be locked/stowed in the down position for carrying and protecting the blade within the kerf.
- Kerf is easily replacable.
- I bent the fence. I didn't know I could, and I certainly didn't know I could with a hand-sized piece of soft pine! (The blade hit a cement-like knot in the wood and rammed it into the left fence, bending it a 16th of an inch.)
- Unless the saw in on the edge of the bench you will find the miter release clip nearly touching the benchtop. I was using this saw on the floor and found the clip to bit awkward to press. (Nothing major, just an annoyance.)
- TRUE miter cuts are not out-of-the-box. I suggest buying a GOOD miter gauge and setting your blade to the gauge, NOT theirs. Mine is less than 1-degree off (and that's before I bent the fence.) My 45's were more like 44.7's. Now I set the blade to the gauge and there is no problem.
- I could use another foot or two on the cord. I know 99% of use use it with an extension cord, but what would it hurt to give us another 50-cents in wire anyway?
I HIGHLY recommend this saw for all of the do-it-yourselfers out there. Just remember to get a fine-toothed blade for those finnishing cuts.
What did you think of this review?
Fun to Read
What's your opinion on DEWALT DW703 Heavy Duty 10-Inch Compound...?