The Nike+ GPS app helps you get the most out of every run by tracking where you go and motivating you to take it further.
- Download it on the go and start running anywhere. With this app in hand, track every indoor and outdoor workout easily, without a sensor.
- Record your pace, distance and run route using the iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer technology so you can focus on the road ahead, and relive your run later.
- Anytime you’re up for a challenge, push farther, faster, or longer to better reach your goals. Then celebrate your victories with fun, motivational messages from Nike’s top athletes.
- As you run, get voice feedback on how you’re doing or tap the map to see where you are. Then activate your personalized PowerSong for an extra boost.
- Quickly send each run to Nikeplus.com where you can brag to friends, join challenges, set goals and connect with the rest of the Nike+ community.
- The Nike+ GPS app was designed for the iPhone, but it’s also compatible with the iPod touch (without the mapping capabilities). Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Nike+ GPS App is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generations) running iOS 4.0 or later.
The iOS market is saturated by "GPS tracking" apps.... RunKeeper, TrailGuru, etc... Now Nike has thrown their sneakers onto the track with their Nike+ GPS App. Previously, Nike's fitness app required you to place a wireless receiver in your shoe that would track your movement based on its best guess as to the size of your stride. I had used this in the past with disappointing results with the app usually being at least 10% off the distance I had actually travelled … more