From the Manufacturer This is a refurbished GPS. Refurbished generally means that the unit has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the navigator back to like new conditions. Some GPS may contain cosmetic blemishes. There is a six month guarantee on refurbished TomTom products.
TomTom is going for the ultimate in portability with the 2008 ONE 130 by integrating a nifty fold-out mount right into the devices. No more trying to figure out where to stash that big, clunky mount in your car -- just pop it off, fold it up and carry the whole thing in your pocket. Of course, the ONE 130 series also features the plug and play ease of use, rock-solid navigation, and sleek designs we've come to expect from TomTom.
Key Features and Benefits
- Easy to Use right out of the box (Learn more)
- Clear Directions from the sensitive touchscreen display with turn by turn spoken directions
- TomTom Map Share lets you instantly modify street names, street direction and POIs on your own device and benefit from others' corrections (Learn more)
- "Help Me!" Emergency Menu gives one-touch access to local emergency providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals
- Preloaded Complete Maps of the US and Canada with TeleAtlas data
- EasyPort mount is foldable and slim for easy portability
- POI icons easily find gas stations, restaurants, hotels and more along your route. Customize by adding your own points of interest
- TomTom HOME free software is a landing page for your TomTom on your computer that ensures that your TomTom is always up-to-date and access additional features
- QuickGPSfix speeds up the time it takes to fix your GPS position to help you drive off more quickly.
- Traffic-Capable with optional RDS-TMC traffic receiver accessory keeps you up-to-date on traffic events to minimize potential delays
- Daily Fuel Prices, available as an optional service, finds the lowest priced gas on your route
Easy To Use Clear and easy widescreen interface
Instant route re-calculation if you deviate from the planned route.
Buy a TomTom device and it works straight out of the box: Just plug it in and a few taps of the touchscreen later, you're on your way with clear, turn by turn spoken directions complementing. TomTom's easy-to-use interface has been extensively tested by by independent assessors in the field and at TomTom’s unique User Experience Labs
Comes preinstalled with complete maps of the United States and Canada
Help When You Need It
Extensive safety features including ‘Help Me’ menu for, to give drivers direct access to emergency services and roadside assistance;
Icon-driven menu system
Emergency menu gives you fast direct access to emergency numbers and direction to the nearest assistance
New -- Small Mount, Big Speaker
The integrated EasyPort Mount means you never have to figure out where to stow a mount in your car, and you never leave a sign for potential thieves that there might be a tempting electronic prize under your seat. The entire unit, mount and all, is small enough to fit into a shirt pocket, so just fold it up and go!
It comes with mounting discs for both windshield and dashboard.
A large speaker gives you the best audio quality, eliminating distortions so you hear your instructions loud & clear.
TomTom MapShare -- Maps Served Fresh Daily
With TomTom Map Share you can update your map directly on your device as and when you spot road changes, and download daily updates from millions of Map Share users worldwide via your computer.
Enabling Map Share gives you:
Map Share changes you can make instantly:
- instantly improved maps every day on your TomTom device
- entry into the world’s largest navigation community
- the ability to share improvements daily with other TomTom users
- full control over improvements that are uploaded and downloaded
- the best and most accurate maps available – always.
When joining the Map Share community you can select various 'levels of trust'.
- Block / unblock street
- Reverse traffic direction
- Edit street name
- Add missing Points of Interest
- Edit Points of Interest.
- Report other error
You might decide to only receive improvements that have been verified by TomTom or changes that have been submitted by tructed sources, by many, or by some people.
New -- Send Addresses Directly from Google Maps or Mapquest
Search for the location you want.
Pick "Send to GPS".
Itching to try out a new restaurant, or setting off on a road trip to locate the best donuts on the west coast? Now, it's easy to search for locations on Google Maps or Mapquest, then transfer the addresses directly to your TomTom.
- Install TomTom HOME on your computer
- Hook up your TomTom to the computer via its USB port
- Search for the location you want. Click the
- Click the Send link in the info window for the address. That will bring up a popup "Send to" form.
- Pick GPS, then pick TomTom and hit the "Send" button.
The address will instantly transfer to your TomTom device, The point will be saved as one of your favorites, and you can navigate to it or view it on a map just like with any other favorite.
HOME is TomTom's free software program that gives you access to a huge array of services as well as the global community of TomTom users. It is the only tool you need to manage, update and personalize your TomTom to enjoy a premium navigation experience: buy and install maps, make back-ups, download free software updates, shop and much more.
- Stay up-to-date – always get the latest TomTom software and updates.
- Personalize – Add new points of Interest, routes, voices, colour schemes and more.
- Enhance – buy maps, subscribe to traffic and safety camera information services (optional).
Starting up can seem like a slow business, particularly if you’re in a hurry, because the GPS receiver needs to know exactly where each GPS satellite is to calculate your location. But satellites only broadcast their positions once every 30 seconds. So if any of their signals are interrupted, for example by passing high buildings, the whole position-fixing process has to repeat itself again and again until the perfect fix is achieved. QuickGPSfix takes a smarter approach.
QuickGPSfix can speed up the time it takes to fix your GPS position by downloading the latest satellite data via an Internet connection. Just connect your TomTom device to your computer and TomTom HOME automatically downloads ‘QuickGPSfix’ – a special GPS data file that helps your TomTom fix your position quicker, even when the GPS signal is weak or partially blocked.
This unique free service helps you fix your position and get navigating faster than ever.
On the road or no access to TomTom HOME?
Get the same ‘QuickGPSfix’ data by simply connecting to any TomTom PLUS service, using a wireless data connection. As soon as a connection is established, the ‘QuickGPSfix’ data is automatically updated.
Note: QuickGPSfix data has limited validity. So to keep on getting a faster position-fix, re-connect your device at least once a week.
To minimize the amount of data sent over your wireless data connection, this automatic update is only carried out if the data on your device is over 5 days old. The associated data usage of this service is less than 10 Kb per connection. Please contact your mobile service provider to determine the exact costs. To disable this automatic update, just select ‘Disable Auto QuickGPSfix’ on your TomTom device.
Fun Extras to Personalize Your TomTom
New smart & fun extras to personalize users’ devices
- Recording driving instructions in your own voice
- Buy fun voices from TomTom
- Exchange files (of photos, songs, HTML documents, etc) between your TomTom and any other Bluetooth-enabled device (laptop, phone, other TomToms)
- Select a favorite car icon on the screen
- Load, store and preview photos from your digital camera.
- Enjoy music with the built-in MP3 player (earphones connector available via an optional SD card)
With an RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver accessory, you can get traffic information from the RDS-TMC Traffic service, which is delivered over unused FM radio channels.
Traffic information is fully integrated into the TomTom navigation experience.
The RDS-TMC receiver accessory comes with a 1-year free subscription to the TMC traffic service
With some TomTom models, an RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver is included in the box. This is indicated by the addition of "T" or "Traffic" to the model name. An example is "ONE Traffic".
- Real-time traffic information across the US, using the most accurate and up-to-date sources.
- Detailed incident reports, delay times estimated, alternative routes proposed and if enabled automatic rerouting.
- Accurate real-time warnings about dangerous road conditions ahead (fog, snow, ice and so on) anywhere in Europe, Australia and the US. (TomTom application version 6.0 or higher)
- Clear on-screen animated or spoken traffic alerts as and when you want them.
- Smart push technology which minimizes the amount of data needed to update traffic information on your device
- Smart subscription – when you buy new maps, the Traffic service automatically becomes available in those countries too.
The user interface/application comes in the following languages: Catalan Latvian Czech Lithuanian Danish Norwegian Dutch Polish Estonian Portuguese Finnish Slovakian Flemish Spanish French Swedish German Turkish Hungarian UK English Italian US English Spoken navigation instructions come in the following languages: Australian Japanese Brazilian Portuguese Latin American Spanish Bulgarian Latvian Catalan Lithuanian Chinese Mandarin Malaysian Chinese Cantonese Norwegian Croatian Polish Czech Portuguese Danish Romanian Dutch Russian Estonian Serbian Finnish Slovenian Flemish Spanish French Swedish German Thai Greek Turkish Hungarian UK English Italian US English