The award-winningGran Turismo
franchise returns with its 5th installment,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
, exclusively for PlayStation 3. With its signature realism and unrivaled physics, this highly anticipated precursor toGran Turismo 5
continues to blur the line between simulation and reality.
"Prologue" is defined as an introductory or preceding event or development, and true to every letter,Gran Turismo 5: Prologuetreats both long-time fans of theGran Turismofranchise as well as those coming to it new, with a generous sampling of what they can expect to see inGran Turismo 5later in the year and further releases on the PS3.
The new direction of Grand Turismo Take your ride online for the first time.
View larger. Race across six international tracks.
View larger. Customize your ride in the garage.
View larger. Developed By the Best
Polyphony Digital is the developer of theGran Turismo
franchise, led by creator Kazunori Yamauchi. Polyphony Digital is known for pushing the limits of the PlayStation hardware, and with its realistic graphics and physics,Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
is no different. In addition to receiving CAD data from the auto manufacturers, they have taken thousands of photos to model each car (and track). As an example of the level of detail, a car inGran Turismo 4
has the same number of polygons as a headlight inGran Turismo 5: Prologue
.Polyphony works even closer with the automotive industry to make sure that the cars look and drive just as they do in real life. In fact, Kazunori Yamauchi designed the on-board computer for the real Nissan GT-R. If you’re lucky to buy one when it releases, you will notice the Polyphony Digital logo when you start your car.
Take Your Cars and Tracks Online and Off
Gran Turismo 5: Prologuefeatures over 60 stunning cars – including vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari for you to race on seriously realistic, real-life tracks: including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – all rendered in incredible High Definition graphics. There's also all-new driving physics for the most lifelike driving experience ever and new, improved opponent artificial intelligence for the toughest race challenge yet.
But that's not all – for the first time ever in the history ofGran Turismo, players will now be able to race online. Up to 16 players will be able to go head-to-head on some of the world's best racetracks on PlayStation Network. All you need to get racing is a broadband connection and PS3. Once you're up and revving, Global Online Rankings and the My Garage homepage feature will leave the world in n o doubt as to just who is the best atGran Turismo.
And then there's the Online Dealership, providing a wealth of information on cars and manufacturers and alsoGran TurismoTV – a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PSN and packed with some of the greatest content that Motorsport, car manufacturers and TV has to offer.
Full Car List (71 cars):
- Race over 60 cars from worldwide automotive manufacturers, precisely modeled both inside and out.
- All-new interior dash view, featuring full driver animation and working gauges.
- Compete on 6 tracks with 12 total layouts, including Fuji Speedway, Suzuka Circuit, and for the first time ever, Daytona International Speedway.
- Online racing with up to 16 players, complete with detailed rankings, plus downloadable ghost cars and race replays of top racers.
- New online community features including Gran Turismo TV, featuring worldwide automotive and motorsport programming.
- Tune vehicle performance, from suspension and tires to gear ratio and engine modifications.
- Rendered in stunning 1080p at 60 frames per second with crisp, realistic lighting and camera effects (replays rendered in 1080p 30fps).
- Lexus IS F '07
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
- Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
- Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
- Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
- Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
- Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
- Nissan GT-R Proto '05
- Nissan GT-R '07
- Honda Integra TYPE R '04
- Honda NSX Type R '02
- Acura NSX '91
- Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
- Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
- Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
- Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
- Suzuki Cappuccino '95
- Suzuki Swift Sport '07
- Suzuki Cervo SR '07
- Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
- Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
- Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
- Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
- Dodge Viper GTS '02
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
- Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
- Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
- Ford GT '05
- Ford Focus ST '06
- Ford GT Tuned Car
- Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
- Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
- BMW Z4 '03
- BMW 135i Coupe '07
- BMW M3 Coupe '07
- BMW 135tii '08
- Mini Cooper-S '06
- Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
- Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
- Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
- Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
- Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
- Ferrari 599 '06
- Ferrari F430 '06
- Ferrari 512BB '76
- Ferrari F40 '92
- Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
- Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
- Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
- Clio Renault Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
- Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
- Jaguar XK Coupe '06
- Lotus Elise 111R '04
- Lotus Elise '96
- Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
- Lotus Elise Tuned Car
- TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
- TVR Tamora '02
- Art Morrison Corvette'60
- Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
- Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
- Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
- Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07