is a unique single player side-scrolling action game for the Nintendo DS that challenges players to solve spatially oriented puzzles like no game before it. In it players use an in-game notepad/keyboard, as well as the touch screen and stylus of the Nintendo DS, to conjure up solutions to the obstacles placed in the path of the game's hero. Solutions are manifested in the form of literally thousands of items--many very unexpected--that are called up and take on a life of their own, resulting in puzzle-solving that is limited only by the player's imagination.
Get creative in collecting Starites.
View larger. Gameplay
Based around 2D side-scrolling action and word play, the premise of Scribblenauts
is simple; quite literally, anything you write, you can use and reuse in the game. Players use the DS' touch-screen and the in-game notepad/keyboard to help their character, Maxwell, as he moves throughout 220 increasingly difficult levels on his never-ending quest for the star-like "Starites." But it is not as easy as reaching up and plucking a Starite. Attaining them requires Maxwell to solve spatially oriented puzzles. To do this players describe objects via the notepad/keyboard, which in turn appear on the game screen and facilitate the starite making its way to Maxwell. There are literally thousands of items in the game, both utilitarian like ladders, ropes, cars and buses, to the outlandish items, such as invisibility cloaks, pirates and black holes. There are time limits on levels, as well as a limitation to the number of items that can be used per level. But regardless of these restrictions, the game is all about experimentation, imagination and endless replay value as players open their minds to the nearly limitless possibilities that are sure to make Scribblenauts
unlike any side-scrolling platformer they have ever played.
- Create Your Own Interactive Experience - Objects you write down in the game are only limited by your imagination.
- Everyone Can Play - Scribblenauts features all-ages pick-up-and-play fun for everyone.
- Touch-screen Controls - Easy to pick up and play on Nintendo DS. If you can tap, you can play.
- Unlimited Replay Value - Use less objects to increase your score, or experiment with different objects for endless replay value. Write anything; solve everything.
- Playground Mode - Play the entire game in a sandbox style right on the title screen.
- Create and Share - Share levels you create with the level editor via your Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection.
- Innovative New Title from Leading Developer - 5th Cell, the creator of the Drawn to Life franchise and Lock's Quest, has experience creating high-quality, innovative DS games.
Scribblenauts is a completely original gameplay experience that anyone can play, offering fun for all ages with two styles of gameplay and more than 200 levels. In Scribblenauts, players use the Nintendo DS touch-screen to help their character Maxwell acquire the Starite in each level by solving a series of puzzles armed with their stylus, notepad and imagination. Players jot down the word for any object that comes to mind in order to reach the goal. Every object behaves as it would in the real world, and players can combine countless objects to create completely new scenarios. Every level has more than one written object to use as a solution, opening up the game to endless replay. In Scribblenauts, players advance through ten worlds, each with eleven puzzle and eleven action levels for a total of 220 challenges to complete. Each level has a “par” for the number of objects suggested to finish the level. Beating a level with under par, earns “Ollars”, the in-game currency, which players can use to purchase new levels and music.