a very entertaining and interactive panel. breaking the beautiful art of sketchnotes down to the line... literally.
sunni, mike, dave and austin showed off simple tips of how they create their sketchnoes. they ran out of the little "workbooks" because the panel was very full.
some tips that were shared:
- don't be afraid of the blank page. (even the very experienced artist can feel this fear)
- get to the room/session/meeting early and draw out the title of the event on the page before
- draw things fast, go back and finish up some embellishments when someone is talking about fluff :) (i loved that quote)
- when drawing people, draw from big to little (don't start with the head.. start with the body.)
- just a simple line or curved line can make an expression on a face.
- shadows, simple lines and dots can make the piece very interesting
- you don't have to be artistic to create visual notes
- don't worry about mistakes. it doesn't have to look perfect.
What did you think of this review?