Dr. Ann Berger shows readers how to control their chronic pain through the pioneering and hugely successful approach that has made her one of the top pain specialists in America
An estimated 70 million Americans suffer from chronic pain, yet very few doctors know how to treat it. Ann Berger, MD, is determined to change all that. An acknowledged leader in the field of pain management and a breast cancer survivor, Dr. Berger writes with an empathy that is all too rare as she shares her groundbreaking approach to healing any kind of chronic pain.
In Healing Pain, Dr. Berger:
• helps readers better describe their pain to their doctors-improving diagnosis and treatment
• shows how self-help efforts and spirituality can make a powerful difference in pain control
• explains which prescription and over-the-counter medications relieve pain and how to take them
• reveals the important roles that complementary therapies-like imagery, hypnosis, and acupuncture-play in managing chronic pain
• shares stories based on hundreds of case histories of dramatic healing through unexpected routes
Dr. Berger believes that pain is a problem with a solution-if you know how to ask the right questions. Healing Pain is a compassionate guide to those often-difficult questions.