Movies Books Music Food Tv Shows Technology Politics Video Games Parenting Fashion Green Living more >

Lunch » Tags » Retail Stores » Reviews » Gold & Silver Pawn Shop » User review

Gold & Silver Pawn Shop

A pawn shop in Las Vegas, Nevada that is featured on the show Pawn Stars.

< read all 2 reviews

No hot air balloons or cannons in the store, but they did have t shirts and bobble heads

  • Jan 31, 2011
You've seen the show Pawn Stars, the family owned business in Las Vegas where people come in to sell off antiques and other valuables but does it exist?  It's a reality show.........Yes it does.

Down at the opposite end of Las Vegas Blvd in the old part of town among other pawn shops, bail bondsman and even a peepshow on the other side of the cross street, The World Famous Gold and Silver Pawn is a diamond in the real rough part of town.  Unlike other pawn shops full of beat up guitars, crappy used CDs and racks of guns, the Gold and Silver is full of some nice things.  Rolexs, jewelry, old Coca Cola dispensers, art work, old dolls and more.  What you see on the show IS IN THE BUILDING and it's always fun to see that thing on TV, get the chance to actually see it.  In one episode Rick challenged Cory to name where something is from and how much it is, and upon visiting the store, I saw a couple of those items.

Also unlike a lot of Pawn Stores, this one is into what Yogurt from Space Balls talked about....MERCHANDISING!!!  There is an ENTIRE section devoted to the store to sell tie in material to the show.  Bobble heads, t shirts, hoodies, DVD's mugs, blankets and more.  30% of the material has either one member of the show on it, be it Rick, Old Man or Cory.  The other 70% is devoted to the shows resident doofus mascot Chumlee.  What must it be like to be the focus of a store where your a mere salesman, but your show is on TV and YOU are the star and the store you worked at for the past couple of years is now all of a sudden selling gobs of T shirts with your face on it?

My visit to the store was met with a line that I waited a good 5 minutes or so in before I get in and upon coming into the store I was a little disheartened to not see any of the shows cast working and upon buying my souvenir shirt, one of the workers told me that the four man team are only there in the middle of the week AND that when they are there, they are working so presumably no small talk or photos either.  That kinda stunk to hear.  Even without the cameras or the stars of the show, if you head to Sin City, head to The World Famous Gold and Silver to see a great piece of television, oh and as I said in my review of the show, I didn't buy one of Chumlee's mistake purchases but I did by a shirt with Old Man and his Caddy on it.
No hot air balloons or cannons in the store, but they did have t shirts and bobble heads No hot air balloons or cannons in the store, but they did have t shirts and bobble heads No hot air balloons or cannons in the store, but they did have t shirts and bobble heads No hot air balloons or cannons in the store, but they did have t shirts and bobble heads

What did you think of this review?

Fun to Read
Post a Comment
September 13, 2012
It is a cool store indeed!
February 03, 2011
This is so cool, John! I'm totally visiting the next time I'm in Vegas :D
February 03, 2011
It's a cool store. I went on Sunday and no one from the show was there. The guy who sold me the shirt said they 4 guys work in the middle of the week. My brother actually bumped into Rick in his work shirt at the Palace Station on a Saturday night, so maybe Saturday nights they work too.
More Gold & Silver Pawn Shop reviews
Quick Tip by . January 31, 2011
posted in Awesomeness
The real actual pawn shop in the old part of Las Vegas where Rick, Cory, Chum and Old Man buy and sell antiques, art and more. It's a tourist attraction and they sell some cool stuff.
About the reviewer
John Nelson ()
Ranked #8
Born in Wausau Wisconsin. Move at an early age to Ventura California and lived for 8 years. Growing up in a big city landscape didn't prepare me for my next move: Archbold Ohio with a population of … more
Consider the Source

Use Trust Points to see how much you can rely on this review.

Your ratings:
rate more to improve this
About this topic
© 2015 Lunch.com, LLC All Rights Reserved
Lunch.com - Relevant reviews by real people.
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
Member since