The Nike Plus is a device that you place in your shoe (a compatible shoe), with a small insert you connect into your ipod that records the statistics for your workout while you run outdoors. It records workout time, calories burned, total mileage, and mile pace.
1. The Basic: This is a setting that you select if you want to run a specific course and then stop at the end to see how far and how long it took. This is a good setting for specific trails and routes that have a specified distance. At the end of this, you are told if you beat your personal best, by keeping track of your running history.
2. Time: This setting allows you to choose from a series of different set times. The Nike+ will then notify you when your time is up. This is good if you are trying to make sure you are running for at least 30 min or an hour per workout.
3. Distance: This setting does similar to the Time setting, in that you specify how many miles you would like to complete.
4. Calories: This setting allows you to control how many calories you burn per workout.
Power Song: This setting allows you to select a song- a "power song" that when you need a boost, you select it during your workout- to give you that little extra push. This is an awesome setting that I use a lot!
This setting has a running list of all the workouts you have completed using the Nike+ showing the day, time, and the distance, calories, and pace. You can even record this information on Nike.com
- creating a profile online. Every time you plug your ipod into your computer, it will update your profile on Nike.com
- giving you an incentive to outperform past workouts.
I have been running regularly now for a few years and never before have I found such an awesome running partner. It is so satisfying being able to record your workout history- and using the online website pushed me to workout hard everyday. I definitely recommend this device if you are serious about getting into shape and running regularly. It's a purchase well-worth it!