With the poisonous pet food and toy scare in the last couple of years, I was understandable concerned about buying the safest and best dog food when I got my new puppy. Making the best choice for her food consumption was not the easiest, I was new to the pet-mom scene and didn’t have a clue which brands were reputable. In addition, Petco and Pet Smart have aisles filled with food options, making the elimination process all the more daunting.
After a good thirty minutes of wandering the aisles comparing labels, brands, endorsements and discussing the pros and cons of each type with the store employees, I decided on Nutro Natural Choice Ultra Puppy Food. Here’s why:
· It’s made in the USA. I don’t have to worry about poisonous and questionable imported contents.
· All natural ingredients include brown rice, rice bran, lamb meal, chicken male, sunflower oil, salmon meal, cranberry, oatmeal, marigold extract and fish oil. I liked that each of these items provides optimum nutrition and antioxidant protection.
· Taste guaranteed! Obviously, I haven’t tasted this dry food, but the list of ingredients certainly contains elements (salmon, chicken, fish oil) that I would consume myself! Plus, my bulldog seems to have no issue gobbling this stuff up (literally inhaling it).
· It’s packed with vitamins & minerals (vitamins A, B, C, E, zinc, copper, and beta carotene) all of which are meant to keep your dog healthy, but also make their coat shiny and full.
· The packaging – The food bag comes in three different sizes making it easy to grab a small 4.5 lb bag for a road trip, a 17.5lb for a kennel stay, or a 35lb bag which won’t run out quickly and cause me to make multiple trips to the store.
· The Nutro Ultra line also offers adult, senior, and large breed food options. This made the transition extremely easy from puppy to adult food. The ingredients are essentially the same, with more caloric intake. She had no reaction to the switch and seemed as full and satisfied with the adult food as ever.
Overall, Nutro Ultra is a great brand that I trust and has kept my dog healthy and satisfied. It is a bit more expensive than other brands, but worth every penny.
What did you think of this review?
Natural Ingredients: Chicken meal, brown rice, rice bran, lamb meal, poultry fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, natural source of linoleic acid), sunflower oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, source of linoleic acid), flaxseed (natural source of alpha linolenic acid), natural flavors, beet pulp, alfalfa (natural source of chlorophyll), salmon meal (natural source of DHA), oatmeal, tomato pomace (natural source of lycopene), fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, natural source of DHA), cranberry, dried egg product, kelp (natural source of iodine), taurine, bacillus licheniformis fermentation extract, bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, l-carnitine, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, garlic (natural source of selenium), marigold extract (natural source of lutein), lycopene.
Vitamins & Minerals: Potassium chloride, vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, zinc proteinate, choline chloride, ferrous sulfate, ascorbic acid (source of vitamin C), biotin, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, niacin (vitamin B3), calcium iodate, calcium pantothenate (source of vitamin B5), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin supplement (source of vitamin B2), vitamin A supplement, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), copper proteinate, sodium selenite, vitamin D3 supplement, beta carotene, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), folic acid.
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 30%, crude fat (min.) 15%, crude ...