Eva Mendes looks fab with her super high, curly ponytail adorned with a blinged out broach. Miss Mendes was rocking retro feeling/modern edge pony at the Premiere for The Other Guys in NY. The ponytail’s tumbling wave is impossibly sexy; the sparkly barrette adds polish and shine. This look really shows us that ponytails are not just for “nights in” but rather they can be rocked any place we go!
Here’s how to create the Perfect High Ponytail:
1. Lift one section of hair. Back-comb or tease your hair. Repeat until you have completed all sections of your hair. After the back-comb is done, brush the outer layer of the hair, without removing the additional volume. Throw your hair in hot curlers for 20 minutes (for the curly look).
2. Bring your hair toward the location that you want the ponytail to sit on your head. Pull all the hair with the hairbrush to the location. You can use the top, side or back of the head for the ponytail hairstyle location.
3. Spray a small amount of hairspray on the outside of your hair, while holding the hair secure for the ponytail hairstyle. This will get rid of any fly-away pieces of hair to hold them down onto the head
4. Place the elastic band around your wrist. Grab the elastic band and pull the ponytail hair through the elastic. Secure the ponytail hairstyle with the elastic. Pull the hair tight.
5. Take a small piece of hair from the underneath side of the ponytail. Wrap the hair around the elastic band. Use bobby pins to secure the piece and hide the hair tip behind the ponytail hairstyle. Lightly spray the wrapped hair.