"Listen. Can you hear it? The music. I can hear it everywhere. In the wind... in the air... in the light. It's all around us."
Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Boy musician (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) meets girl musician (Keri Russell) and they make beautiful music up on the roof before going their separate ways
2. Little orphan boy (Freddie Highmore) hears music in the wind and feels a connection to the parents he never knew
3. Desperately seeking parents, he winds up in New York City where he is taken in (in more ways than one) by a man named Wizard (Robin Williams, channeling Fagin)
4. He discovers a previously dormant musical talent, and impresses everyone
5. Fairytale ending will leave you asking or more
This movie is actually a modern day fairy tale, with an incredibly talented cast and a fantastic soundtrack. In fact, it is the music that makes it so special, and I can't recommend it highly enough. This is one to own and watch over and over again.
"All you have to do is open yourself up. All you have to do... is listen."
Amanda Richards, December 18, 2008
What did you think of this review?