I usually stay away from drugstore beauty products but last week as I was nosing around CVS while waiting for a prescription to be filled I saw that Loreal's HIP cosmetic line was buy one get one free. Since I am not one to pass up a sale I picked up 2 of the eyeshadow duos. There weren't many colors left but I managed to find 2 that I liked.
The color set 'Playful' was something that I usually wouldn't buy, when it comes to eye shadows I always buy crazy colors. I am glad I got this one though because since I bought it I have been wearing it almost everyday.
The Claim (from Loreal):
- Made up of a micro-fine formula that allows for even, true color deposit.
- Compact includes an applicator and mirror so shadows can be applied and touched up on the go.
- Rich color paired with wearable neutrals so anyone can get the look.
- More color and More fun.
- The color goes on like expensive products. Goes on smooth and has nice color saturation.
- There is not a lot of product in the container so it will run out faster than expensive brands.
- The neutral shades that come in the duo are perfectly acceptable for everyday wear.
- The applicator that comes with the eyeshadow sucks. Don't use it, unless you are like 12 years old.
- More color, more fun? Yes, eyeshadow is pretty darn fun and eyes are making a comeback in the beauty world this spring so get those peepers ready.
L'Oreal creates some of my favorite drugstore products, and these shadows are on top of the list. Highly pigmented, long-lasting and crease-resistant, HiP eyeshadows should be in every makeup collection!